|Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer and Cleaner|
|Retail Price: $150.00|
|Amazon Price: $497.99|
One of the things I really like about this machine is its on demand control. Simply press a button and you have steam! The box is filled with useful accessories, including floor cleaning pads, two extension tubes, a measure cup, a fill funnel, and assorted utility brushes. The entire unit weighs less than 18 pounds, which allows me to use it as long as I need to without getting tired. I work as a trainer at a cleaning company and have recommended this machine to all of my trainees. It gets the job done quickly and effectively, leaving you more time to attend to other matters.
- Steam on Demand: Not all cleaning tasks are created equal. Some require a little more juice than others. That’s where the Steam On Demand comes in. All I have to do is press a button and I can get intermittent or consistent steam. I can get exactly what I need to suit the task, saving me time and energy.
- Lots of Power: I hate having to use chemicals on tough cleaning jobs, but this cleaner offers so much power that chemicals are a thing of the past. It heats the water so well and disperses it with enough oomph that no additional cleaning supplies are necessary. I save money on cleaning products and don’t have to deal with any residue.
- Works as Long as You Do: The timing on this machine is excellent. It heats up in fifteen minutes, giving me some time to prepare a room for cleaning (move chairs, pick up shoes, etc.). Once it’s ready to go it will last for a while. Forty five minutes is more than enough time to get the cleaning I need done. If the task lasts longer than that I usually plan to break it up into two sections anyway.
- Multi-Function: I’ve never had to deal with removing wallpaper before, but it’s handy to have a machine that is up to that task if I need it. Removing wallpaper with a steam cleaner is an effective and chemical-free method, so I’m happy to have something I can lend to my friends if they are redecorating.
- No Indication of Water Level: There’s no way to look inside the machine to see how much water is left while you’re cleaning or after you’re done. This means you have to empty the tank and refill it each time you use the machine. This is a minor inconvenience for me, really, and since the package comes with a measuring cup and fill funnel refilling it is easy to do.
- No Good Way to Store the Cord: The machine doesn’t come with any mechanism to retract or wrap the power cord. This can be a little annoying if you’re moving around while working. I haven’t found a good solution to this yet, but it’s a pretty minor problem so I’m not too concerned about it.
The Wagner On-Demand Power Steamer is an excellent choice for all those little cleaning tasks around the house. It’ll clean floors, sinks, and even remove wall paper for you without having to use chemical cleaners. It’s lightweight, easy to use, and the on-demand spray works like a charm. I’ve loaned it out to several friends since I got it and they’ve all given it rave reviews (one even went out and got her own). It’s a solid machine that will make a huge difference in your cleaning routine.
Price Alert: At the moment Amazon.com is offering free shipping and a 47% discount for the Wagner 905 1,500-Watt On-Demand Power Steamer . This is a savings of $64.67 off the usual retail price.